Elementary ENCORE Program Information
Thank you so much for applying for the ENCORE after-school program. We have received an overwhelming response and are so excited about your support of our programming. We are asking for your patience as we process the applications. We, like many other districts and organizations, continue to face staffing shortages. As a result, we need more time to process the applications and determine the enrollment numbers we can accommodate at each of our sites with our staffing.
We are asking families that do not need ENCORE for the beginning of the school year to please let us know, as that would be very helpful. We really want to accommodate as many families as possible.
We are also asking for your support. If you know of anyone that would be interested in a great job after school hours, with no nights or weekends, send them our way! https://grandforks.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=1863
- This is an academic-based program,
- We are mandated to provide two hours a day of academic, regardless of grade level,
- Not all spots are guaranteed,
- Some locations may have a waiting list due to space and staffing,
- ENCORE is not offered on the 11:20 a.m. dismissal days or non-school days.
Daily Schedule (each school does change):
- 3-4 p.m.: Homework assistance (Monday-Thursday)
- 3-4 p.m.: Academic clubs (Friday)
- 4-4:15 p.m.: Snack/Socialization
- 4:15-5:15 p.m: Theme-based enrichment activities aligned to standards
- 5:15-5:45 p.m.: Organized large muscle activities
- 5:45-6 p.m.: Unstructured free play
ENCORE Early Dismissal Program
We will also continue to offer The Early Dismissal Program at Ben Franklin, Century, Discovery, J Nelson Kelly, Lake Agassiz, Lewis and Clark, Phoenix, Viking, Wilder, and Winship elementary schools. This program operates from 1:30-3 p.m. on 1:30 p.m. early dismissal Wednesdays for the 2022-2023 school year. This free program is being offered in cooperation with Grand Forks Public Schools. Registration for this program closed on August 24th, 2022. Registration is required, including re-registration if enrolled last year. Registration options will be either online or on paper.
- Early Out Club provides participants with organized and active after-school activities, arts and crafts, computers, and various STEM activities.
- All students enrolled in ENCORE will report to ENCORE at 3 p.m. All other students not registered for ENCmustd to be picked up no later than 3 p.m.
- Registration is required, including re-registration if enrolled last year.
Kayla Erickson, ENCORE Director
500 Stanford Road
Grand Forks, ND 58203