Grade six students are in their first year of middle school in the Grand Forks Public Schools. There are four minute lessons in this fast paced unit. In it counselors direct students to:
- explore reasons why people work
- categorize jobs based on similarities
- assess their Holland code personality type using RUReadyND.com
- take data, people, ideas, things survey
- begin an online career portfolio
The Grade 6 Educational/Career Planning Unit Student Booklet is created and produced by the Grand Forks Public Schools Counseling Programs and Career Education Department.