Elementary ENCORE Program Information
ENCORE (after-school program)
Grand Forks Public Schools will offer the ENCORE (after-school) program at the following locations for the 2022-2023 school year: Ben Franklin, Century, Discovery, J Nelson Kelly, Lake Agassiz, Lewis and Clark, Phoenix, Viking, Wilder, and Winship elementary schools.
Starting Monday, August 1, 2022, ENCORE Registration will open at approximately 8 a.m. You will receive a link to your email address, and the link will be available online https://www.gfschools.org. Everyone is welcome to apply. Registration is required, including re-registration, even if enrolled last year. Registration will be open from August 1-August 8. Registration will close at 5 p.m. on August 8.
By Friday, August 12, you will be notified of your student's enrollment/acceptance status and start date. The first day of ENCORE is August 29, 2022.
It is important to note that we may not be able to accommodate all registrations. Physical space available and staffing ratios all play into how many students we can accommodate. Should we have to start with a waiting list, we will use the enrollment criteria (LINK: https://www.gfschools.org/Page/9449). It is always our hope to not have a waiting list. It is important to have backup after-school arrangements in place.
- This is an academic-based program,
- We are mandated to provide two hours a day of academic, regardless of grade level,
- Not all spots are guaranteed,
- Some locations may have a waiting list due to space and staffing,
- ENCORE is not offered on the 11:20 a.m. dismissal days or non-school days.
Daily Schedule (each school does change):
- 3-4 p.m.: Homework assistance (Monday-Thursday)
- 3-4 p.m.: Academic clubs (Friday)
- 4-4:15 p.m.: Snack/Socialization
- 4:15-5:15 p.m: Theme-based enrichment activities aligned to standards
- 5:15-5:45 p.m.: Organized large muscle activities
- 5:45-6 p.m.: Unstructured free play
ENCORE Early Dismissal Program
We will also continue to offer The Early Dismissal Program at Ben Franklin, Century, Discovery, J Nelson Kelly, Lake Agassiz, Lewis and Clark, Phoenix, Viking, Wilder, and Winship elementary schools. This program operates from 1:30-3 p.m. on 1:30 p.m. early dismissal Wednesdays for the 2022-2023 school year. This program is free and is being offered in cooperation with Grand Forks Public Schools. Registration for this program will also begin Monday, August 1st, and remain open until August 24th, 2022. Registration is required, including re-registration if enrolled last year. Registration options will be either online or paper.
- Early Out Club provides participants with organized and active after-school activities, arts and crafts, computers, and various STEM activities.
- All students enrolled in ENCORE will report to ENCORE at 3 p.m. All other students not registered for ENCORE will need to be picked up no later than 3 p.m.
Registration is required, including re-registration if enrolled last year.
Middle School ENCORE Information
Middle School ENCORE information to come.